Pelvic Health Workshop
What Really Happens To Your Pelvic Floor During Pregnancy and Post Partum?
- Do you leak when you laugh/sneeze/exercise?
- Do you have to rush to the washroom to avoid leaking?
- Do you pee more than 10 times per day?
- Do you feel pressure in your pelvis/vagina/rectum?
- Is sex painful?
- Does your back pain/hip pain keep re-occurring?
- Do you have a ‘mummy tummy’ despite eating right and exercising?
Although all of these experiences are common during and after pregnancy, they are not normal and there are many effective options for you that can help.
Join Anita Vandenberg, Pelvic Health Physiotherapist and Pilates instructor from PhysioExcellence to learn about:
- Your ‘Core 4′ and how dysfunction of these muscles can cause urinary & fecal incontinence, prolapse, diastasis (mummy tummy) and pelvic pain.
- Information regarding the most up to date treatment options including pelvic physiotherapy and exercise to help restore your core from the inside out.
- How to do a proper kegel and if they are appropriate for you (kegels aren’t always the answer).
- Optimal positions for labour and delivery to decrease stress on your pelvic floor and gain valuable knowledge about how to effectively restore your abdominals post partum.
Remember: it’s never too early or too late to learn how to prevent pelvic floor dysfunction and restore your core!
Saturday May 2nd
Workshop Duration: 1.5 hours
Cost: FREE OF CHARGE *includes diastasis assessment*